Não utilize herbicidas ou pesticidas no manuseamento dos terrenos. Opte por produtos BIO.
Don’t use herbicides or pesticides when handling the soil. Choose BIO products!
#beesweet #morethanhoney #beehives #beekeeping #savethebees #bio #products #herbicides #pesticides #honey #Abelhas #apiculture #salvar #produtos #organic #pesticides #Mel #harrods #fortuneandmason #galerie #galerielafayette #loveforbees (em Oliveira de Azemeis)
Está aí à porta o regresso às aulas! Escolha o Bee’s Wrap para preparar o lanche dos seus filhos. Esta é uma opção sustentável que substitui as películas aderentes para embalar os alimentos.
Visite a nossa loja online para saber mais.
It’s time to go back to school! Choose the Bee’s Wrap to prepare your children’s snacks. This is a sustainable option that replaces the sticky films to pack the food.
Visit our online store to know more.
#beesweet #morethanhoney #school #sustainability #children #apiculture #protect #snacks #foods #kids #honey #beehives #savethebees🐝 💛 #beeswrap #noplastic #foods (em Oliveira de Azemeis)
Sabia que uma abelha média produz apenas cerca de 1/12 de uma colher de chá de mel durante toda a sua vida?
Vamos proteger as abelhas para que continuem a produzir mel.
Did you know that the average worker bee produces only about 1/12th teaspoon of honey in her lifetime?
Let’s protect the bees so they can continue to produce honey!
#beesweet #morethanhoney #bee #honey #protect #beelifetime #savethebees #flowers #hive #workerbee #gardenlife #beekeepers #apiculture #pollinators (em Oliveira de Azemeis)
A Beesweet promove investimentos apícolas nos cultivos de produção biológica e também promove parcerias entre apicultores e pequenos agricultores no sentido de estimular a polinização natural pelas abelhas.
Beesweet promotes investment in cultivation of organic apiculture and also partnerships between beekeeper and small farmers in order to stimulate natural pollination by bees.
#beesweet #morethanhoney #investment #organic #apiculture #partnership #beekeeper #small #farmers #stimulate #natural #pollination #bees #investimentos #apicultura #orgânica #parcerias #apicultor #pequenos #agricultores #estimular #polinização #abelhas
This one looked like it was a primary hive. Not only did it have proper layers of brood and honey, but it had a marked queen inside. It also looked like it had been in there for quite some time judging by the amount of propolis and burr comb inside.
It’s perfectly “healthy” for them, it will just give to very small and very weak swarms. The lower numbers also makes them more vulnerable to diseases and pests and especially the cold come winter.
Saw a really neat plexiglass observation hive in an apple orchard by my grandparents house. I spotted the queen on the back side but she buried herself in the masses of bees shortly after.
They are super packed in there and my hope is that they won’t swarm out before it gets too late. A swarm this size this late will inevitably fail…
This was a big week for our hives! We spent Saturday pulling honey, shaking each frame free of bees before taking them inside to be spun in our extractor. Despite having only one hive, we managed to pull between 5 and 6 gallons again this year. Nefertiti’s hive was very productive!
We also did some basic hive maintenance and tested for varroa.
Lastly, we said goodbye to Queen Ophelia and Queen Nefertiti. We installed new queens Thursday morning. Please welcome Queen Persephone and Queenie!!
That’s a lot of queen cells!! Wow!
Here’s the honeycomb crystal looking pic from that last post. It’s super cool!
Bees from all over REALLY like the sunflower at the neighbor’s house. It’s always covered with bumbles and honey bees~
Crawl space bees!
My latest beemoval was a bit of a weird one. After failing to locate the bees in the floor or wall spaces directly around the entrance, I was showed to a crawl space so tight that none of my equipment could fit through. And as fate would have it, the bees were in the furthest corner from the entrance, behind some vent ducts and plumbing and across a whole lot of construction debris. I had to get creative!
So instead of trying to cut them out from the outside, I took a much harder but less destructive approach. I took a half-stuffed smoker and some bee go, and got right up by them. I sprayed a ring of bee-go around them on the inside then proceeded to pump as much smoke as I could right in to them. The rear combs cleared off instantly, and the rest of them were clear of bees in about 30 minutes. I just sat the smoker below them so that smoke would slowly rise up in to them as I cut out the combs. Since I couldn’t bring frames, boxes, or even buckets down there with me, I had to improvise a small tarp with a pillow case. I used the pillow case to set the comb on and drag as I army-crawled out backwards. Three trips later and I had all the comb out and framed up in a box I set just outside. I sprayed a lot of bee go in to the area they were in to make sure they left and stayed out. I then simply vacuumed them all up off the outside and was done! Now the new crawlspace beebees are in my bee yard orienting to their new home~